Your child's journey toward leading a remarkable life begins today!
We have a six-step admissions process. The first five steps are required before we will make a decision.
1. Questionnaire: Review our website to see if Abrome might be a good fit for you and your family. If you are not drawn to the Abrome model, then Emancipated Learning probably is not for you. If you are drawn to it, immediately fill out the candidate questionnaire.
2. Introduction: The candidate and at least one guardian must RSVP and attend one of our information sessions, at which time you will also be able to ask any outstanding questions you may have. For families on an accelerated timeline who are looking to enroll immediately, we will consider a private meeting in lieu of the information session. Once this step is complete, families may schedule an optional 30- to 60-minute drop in at the Abrome space to meet with Facilitators and get a snapshot of what Abrome looks like in session.
3. Application and Family Financial Worksheet: Candidates and their families are required to fill out the Abrome application and the Family Financial Worksheet in advance of a shadow. Candidates 12-years-old and older have essays to fill out as part of their application. Younger Learners will be asked these questions directly during the shadow.
4. Shadow: Once the introduction, application, and Family Financial Worksheet are complete, the prospective candidates will be invited to shadow over a five-day period.* The purpose of the shadow is for candidates familiarize themselves with the learning space and the other Learners, for them to decide if it is a place where they could flourish, and for us to determine whether the candidates would be a good fit for Abrome. Families are required to provide a $100 payment to help defray the costs associated with the shadow week.**
5. Decision: If the applicant is offered a place at Abrome, the applicant and guardian(s) have ten days to execute a signed enrollment contract, and submit the non-refundable annual enrollment fee, new student fee, and education resource fee.
* The five-day shadow requirement is applicable to candidates in Central Texas. For candidates who are planning to move to the Austin area, the shadow requirement is three days.
** We recognize that some families may not be able to afford the $100 shadow week payment. Families may request a waiver by emailing Abrome with a brief explanation of your financial situation. If possible, please include supplemental information such as documentation that you live in subsidized public housing, a foster home, or are houseless, or that you are a ward of the state, or an orphan.